What is Battle Cry Painting Competition?
BCPC is New England’s entry into the large scale painting competition format. It is hosted annually by The Battle Standard Tabletop Game & Hobby of Manchester, CT. It is an opportunity for hobbyists of all miniature gaming genres to compete amicably in a show of talent and ability. Competitors register to submit their own creation(s) to be judged against the talent of their peers. Winners are awarded the official Battle Cry trophy in brilliant gold, securing their place in BCPC history as a testament to their painting skills and recognition as an exceptional artist in the arena of miniature painting. 2nd place and 3rd place Runners-up also receive recognition by way of a decorative plaque that can be proudly displayed to document their effort to be the best. The annual event will bring in artists from all over the Northeast (possibly further) interested in taking home the trophy. Take the opportunity to display your best piece of work, compete with your peers and enjoy the many creations presented. Welcome to Battle Cry!
Date: Saturday April 6th 2013
- Submissions must be entered before 1PM on competition day
- Submissions must be the work of the presenter
- Competitors may only enter one submission per category
- Battle Cry judges determine the category that best fits your entry (should the immediate guidelines not dictate clearly)
- You must be present to collect your awards (runner-up will collect in your absence)
- $5 per category entered
- All competitors receive a $5 off ($25 or more purchase) coupon for their initial entry
Time / Schedule:
- All models must be at the store no later than 1pm
- Viewing of models: 2-4pm
- Judging: 4-5pm
- Awards: 5pm
- 1st place in each category will receive a gold trophy of The Battle Standard’s official mascot “Wallace” in the themed Battle Cry pose. This unique resin trophy was sculpted for Battle Cry by Latvian sculptor Oskars Pantelejevs and recast in a limited number specificly for the competition by Ron Lee Casting of Burbank California.
- 2nd and 3rd place will receive a plaque mounted version of the “Wallace” Kettle Hat in the color representing their place, silver or bronze.
- All placing participants will receive gift cards to the store.
(Which includes but is not limited to 28mm Warhammer 40000, MERCs, Infinity, Dark Age, etc)
Squad (3+ models)
(Which includes but is not limited to 28mm Warhammer Fantasy, Privateer Press, Malifaux, etc)
Regiment (3+ Models)
Large War Machine/Monster
(Which includes but is not limited to Flames of War, Dystopian Wars, Battlefleet Gothic, Various small scale historical, etc)
Squad (3+ models)
BEST IN SHOW
(A special award will be given to the best overall across all catergories)